Unit 2 Choice 4:
Proper Authority and Ministering to the People
Priesthood Ordinances Paul performed:
1. Baptism by immersion.
2. Giving the Gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands.
3. Priesthood blessings.
4. Administering of the Sacrament
1. What did Paul do for the Corinthian Saints because it hadn't been done right?
They had repented, but did not know that there was a needed ordinance. He baptized them with proper authority and immersed them in water.
2. How does this help answer the question of many nonmembers of needing to be baptized when they have already been baptized?
They understand where the authority comes from. The authority comes down straight from God. They recognize the example that the Savior set as he was baptized, though a perfect Man.
3. In what way did Paul bestow the gift of the Holy Ghost?
he laid his hands upon their heads.
4. On What day of the week did the Saints meet to break bread? What evidence is there in John 20:1, 19 for why the Sabbath day was changed?
They met the first day of the week to break bread.
It was changed to this because it was on this day, that Mary went to the tomb and Jesus was risen. Jesus came to the disciples that evening and said, "Peace be unto you".
With the Sacrament we are to think of Christ and the Sacrifice he made for each of us, but to also know that he lives!