Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Unit 2, Choice 2 2 Corinthians 2:1-11

2 Corinthians 2:1-11     Matthew 6:14-15     Doctrine and Covenants 64:9-10

What were the people of Corinth commanded to do "if any have caused grief"?
Commanded to forgive and to comfort. They were commanded to tell the person they love them. I think this is through word and/or action. 

What blessings do we see if we forgive?  We are forgiven also, of God. 

What is the danger in failing to forgive?

If we do not forgive our fellow beings of their trespasses, we will hold the greater sin of not forgiving. Will be condemned before the Lord. It is required of us to forgive everyone, because we are not judges; that is the Lord's job. If we aren't forgiving, the Lord won't be able to forgive our wrong doings. 



Last Sunday, forgiveness was the topic of the lesson in my Primary class. I have been thinking about it a lot and how we so often get angry with people and how we need to stop and show more love. We discussed in Primary how Christ, during the worst time ever, hanging on the Cross, after being beaten, he Asked that those who did this to him be forgiven. It is so amazing. I just want to think of that every time I am angry with someone. I am pretty sure no one will ever do anything that horrible to me. I want to be able to show love to everyone, because we are all fighting a hard battle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment