Monday, September 8, 2014

Hello to my blog

A few weekends ago my husband and I went hiking in the Pine/Featherville area in Idaho. We drove on back roads for a while trying to find the place I had decided we should go earlier this year. I had started looking into Letterboxing which is amazing. (Go to Letterboxing.org for details.) We previously decided not to go, because it was too early in the year and there was mounds of snow. Back to my story. We finally made it to the Trinity Lakes area and went a short ways on the trail, because we were running out of time for the day. While hiking I was saying how insanely out of shape I am . My sports bra was just so tight I felt like I couldn't breathe. He said, " Well, why don't you just take it off?" Sounded like a pretty good idea to me. I did it. He suggested I go off the trail a little ways to a rise so I could have some privacy. I said there was no need and wriggled my way out of it with no problem at all and left it hanging around my neck ( I didn't have any pockets on me). We discussed how maybe it would look odd if we passed anymore hikers, for me to have such a thing hanging around my neck. I concluded that it really just looked like a sports head band. This discussion turned into us talking about me creating a blog and writing about empowering women to drop the status quo that society has set up and stop wearing bras. Lets be honest, none of us are comfortable in them. So many hilarious things were said. We made up stories and such. I was going to call it mybra-g......But we decided that might not be so appropriate and I want to write about whatever I want to write about everyday. I just have a hard time understanding the point of me writing a blog, because there are so many out there. Hopefully I will just use this as a sort of journal. I am converting my previous blog, which I only had for a college course into my write whenever I want blog. Probably most people don't do an introductory blog post like this. Yes, I like to ramble. 

I want to introduce you to my small family. All I will show right now really is my husband and I. This was our wedding day. We were married in December in the Mesa Arizona LDS Temple. It was like being in Hawaii, because the weather was absolutely perfect and we got Palm Trees in pictures. 

 I wanted to share this, because I feel like it describes a lot of my life. We see so many cute pictures all the time or wonderful things happen in people's lives and it just looks unrealistic. I think it is. haha. Right after getting married we thought we would take one of those cute pictures where we hold up the groom. Well, we dropped the Groom. We didn't smash his face, so that was a good thing, but honestly everything for me is more real. Everybody else somehow gets everything to look perfect, but where's the fun in that?

Lastly, I just want to share that I think "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication " ~Leonardo da Vinci
That is one of the many things I want to live by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment