Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Unit 2 Choice 4: The Trial of Our Faith is More Precious than Gold

1 Peter 1:1-9, 2:12,  2:15, 2:20-25, 3:11-16, 4:12-19
"Life isn't Fair. Why do I have to have so many trials? I'm tired of being ridiculed by those who do not keep the commandments."
What is your reply using the Principles from the above verses?
           "Have you thought of the beautiful atonement of Jesus Christ and that he lives? Christ went through the valley of the shadow of death and for us to return to our Heavenly Father. He wants us to reach that, to partake of the many wonders and blessings that await us if we just endure our trials. I know that it is difficult when you are fighting a hard, uphill battle and others are constantly flaunting their ways of the world. 
           Those of us that keep the commandments seem to have more trials and harder trials. I think that is probably true. Our Father wants us to be strong. I heard a quote recently that said "If I gave you anything easier, you could do it on your own." We are being taught to rely on the Lord. Isn't it awesome that we are supposed to use the support of Christ? I love that. I think we need to look to our Savior in all of our trials. He was a master teacher in so many ways. He taught through his great example that we need not fight back with our words or in anyway. We need to smile, because everyone is fighting a hard battle.
           One thing that helps me when I am going through a hard time is to do as President Hinckley's father told him on his mission, "Forget yourself and go to work". It is when we are lost in the work of the Lord that we truly find ourselves and the answers and peace that we seek. In 1 Peter chapter 3, verse 15 it tells us that we should always be prepared to share with someone if they ask us the reason for our Hope, these people who mock your righteous doing and when you speak of Christ. So to those that ridicule you for keeping the commandments and pressing on, do not shy away. Build an answer as you study and pray that will help you testify of Christ. It could be something like, ' I have a Savior who loves me and through his guidance I am choosing higher ground in all places that I walk.' That alone testifies of Christ and of truth, but leaves them to ponder."






No comments:

Post a Comment