Thursday, June 7, 2018

Ramblings on a Thursday


In the film Yours, Mine and Ours, it is shown and stated that the work of a mother is important, vital even. 
Helen North in this movie, in the beginning, states that it took her a long time to begin to understand children and especially her own. Humility is a key ingredient in people being malleable. It is in humbleness that we can grow, step back from the things we know and move forward into the unknown. 
I fear challenges and enjoy being where I am comfortable. I am sure this is something many people can say is true for them. Even with that, I love adventures, challenging myself, and learning new things. Those two statements don’t seem to describe the same person, but I would counter that they often do. Marriage is something that no matter what, we dive into. There are challenges that come our way that we could have no idea we would face when we were looking forward to marriage. Sure, standing on the outside you look proudly on, hand in hand, excited for the future and confident in the strength that you and your spouse-to-be have created together. 
In my short 4 ½ years of marriage I have often been faced, or we have been faced with challenges that seemed daunting, yet we did not have a choice whether we would face them or not. We had already made that decision back when we signed the papers and exchanged rings. Man did some of those challenges burn in so many ways, but it is true that looking back, it is like overlooking a magnificent vista; the pure sky after a terrible storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment